BrothersOfBushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrothersOfBushcraft

This Forum is made for those who are interested in the project titled "The Brothers of Bushcraft". The Project is an ongoing program from men whose backgrounds cover much of North America, and beyond.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Couple things I'm working on today..

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Couple things I'm working on today.. Empty Couple things I'm working on today.. Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 am

James.Gundlach

This morning before bed (I work third shift..) I was watching this youtube video where some guy made a knife for cutting vegetables out of slate. He showed it can cut wood as well, but pointed out that it would get dull real quick. I happen to have a big piece of slate so, think today I'll try making one since the weather isn't all that great and all.

Also see some guy post on the pathfinder forum a fire piston he made out of wood. I've wanted one of those for months now since I first found out about them, but they're just a tad too expensive for me to buy and every tutorial on making them wanted metal tubing and whatnot. I'm more into the primitive thing, so I don't really want to make a metal one. Started yesterday carving one out, hoping I can finish it by the end of the week. Slowly working on it and very carefully so I don't screw it up, want my first one to work the first time I try it!

I'll post a couple pics of my progress on both later today.

2Couple things I'm working on today.. Empty Re: Couple things I'm working on today.. Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:16 pm

James.Gundlach

Right... Slate knife is a no go, not really sure how to start that or how to get the slate to break off in the right shape chunk I need it to. Other than that, the fire piston is starting to take shape and coming out decent looking.

Couple things I'm working on today.. 424139_10150596996351607_703926606_9454989_1174357994_n

Just pray to god this thing works! Never made one before so, really interested in seeing how well or not I've done on it..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum