BrothersOfBushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrothersOfBushcraft

This Forum is made for those who are interested in the project titled "The Brothers of Bushcraft". The Project is an ongoing program from men whose backgrounds cover much of North America, and beyond.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old school bushcraft video

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Old school bushcraft video Empty Old school bushcraft video Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:38 pm

PalmettoArcher

PalmettoArcher
Green Horn

I found this video made in 1954, depicting a survival situation, and using a woodsman's axe as the only tool. I thought I would share it with my BrothersOfBushcraft. Enjoy. Very Happy

http://www.nfb.ca/film/survival_in_the_bush

2Old school bushcraft video Empty Re: Old school bushcraft video Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:31 am

MtnManJoe

MtnManJoe
Tender Foot

I saw that quite a while ago.
A bit dated, but Definitely worth watching :-)
Thanks for the link.

3Old school bushcraft video Empty Re: Old school bushcraft video Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:18 pm

untamed_wolf

untamed_wolf
Green Horn

A good watch, but a lot of the techniques are oversimplified for the camera. Sorta like those survival books that show "just how easy" a bow drill fire is.

4Old school bushcraft video Empty Re: Old school bushcraft video Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm

PalmettoArcher

PalmettoArcher
Green Horn

Yeah, you are right about the gross oversimplification, but for the newcomer to bushcraft and self-reliance, it's an eye-opener to witness what can be done with a single tool in the hands of a skilled outdoorsman. For me, it just opened my eyes to the possibilities and the fact that I too could one day possess the skill(s) to "make it" in an adverse situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum