BrothersOfBushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrothersOfBushcraft

This Forum is made for those who are interested in the project titled "The Brothers of Bushcraft". The Project is an ongoing program from men whose backgrounds cover much of North America, and beyond.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leather Sheath for Mora 610

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Empty Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 pm

untamed_wolf

untamed_wolf
Green Horn

Figured I'd get the ball rolling with a sheath I made for my girlfriend's Mora knife.

I'm no leather worker, but I think it turned out ok. I used the plastic sheath it comes with as a liner for the leather.

http://untamedwolf.blogspot.com/2011/07/custom-leather-sheath-for-mora-612.html

2Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Empty Re: Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 am

roninelh

roninelh

great job! I made a sheath for my #2 and it looks terrible No I've never seen a leather sheath made for the 610 either, the color of the leather is awesome, good design too. Ya know, everyone is going to be asking you if you make sheaths now, i'd buy one Smile

3Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Empty Re: Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 pm

untamed_wolf

untamed_wolf
Green Horn

haha, thanks!

I hope they don't, I'm no where near skilled enough to be taking orders Laughing

4Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Empty Re: Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 am

MtnManJoe

MtnManJoe
Tender Foot

Heya Wolf - That turned out Nice .. Good Job!!
I will be making a leather sheath for my Erickson/Mora pretty soon - and will most likely be utilizing the plastic stock sheath as an insert for it.
... just shoving any knife That Scary Sharp, and that thin into bare leather would be problematic, I would think ??

5Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Empty Re: Leather Sheath for Mora 610 Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:17 am

untamed_wolf

untamed_wolf
Green Horn

MtnManJoe wrote:... just shoving any knife That Scary Sharp, and that thin into bare leather would be problematic, I would think ??

I've made a few leather sheaths without inserts, and just used a welt to protect the stitching.

The original reason I used the liner for the 610 was that I had no idea how to make sure the knife stayed secure (because of the finger guard).

The fact it made it safer was a nice bonus Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum