BrothersOfBushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BrothersOfBushcraft

This Forum is made for those who are interested in the project titled "The Brothers of Bushcraft". The Project is an ongoing program from men whose backgrounds cover much of North America, and beyond.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New "cutting tool"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New "cutting tool" Empty New "cutting tool" Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 pm

MtnManJoe

MtnManJoe
Tender Foot

Amongst a number of others, My Wife got me the "2Hawks Longhunter" (aka: Pathfinder Scout 'Hawk) for Christmas.

I am thinking I am going to be liking this A Lot :-)

New "cutting tool" ChristmasStuff2a

Last edited by MtnManJoe on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting)

2New "cutting tool" Empty Re: New "cutting tool" Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:27 pm

TheAxeman

TheAxeman
Admin

Oooo now that is a beaut. Have you thrown her yet? The hawk, not your wife!

http://www.canadianbushcraft.ca

3New "cutting tool" Empty Re: New "cutting tool" Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 pm

MtnManJoe

MtnManJoe
Tender Foot

TheAxeman wrote:Oooo now that is a beaut. Have you thrown her yet? The hawk, not your wife!

Yeah - The "2Hawks" Tomahawks are pretty awesome tools :-)

It "might" sound like heresy, but I really have no interest in Throwing It.
I am changing-out my "Kit", and have replaced a Large Knife with the 'Hawk and a small knife.
The 'Hawk is simply a 'working tool'

... And .. No! "Throwing My Wife" would definitely be a Bad Idea .. heh!

4New "cutting tool" Empty Re: New "cutting tool" Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:44 am

TheAxeman

TheAxeman
Admin

Hey, a blade is a blade. Some people believe if you throw the tool, you'll break the tool. I should believe in that way of thinking, as I've snapped three knives, and a student of mine snapped the handle of my tomahawk when throwing em.

But I still like throwing em!

http://www.canadianbushcraft.ca

5New "cutting tool" Empty Re: New "cutting tool" Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 pm

roninelh

roninelh

Wow, that hawk is awesome! Pretty short cutting surface, but it looks like it's built to work! I saw a review of this badboy on youtube and started to salivate. I am not a thrower either and I also carry a hawk in my kit. I carry a cold steel norse hawk(modified) but I am looking for a lifetime hawk. This one looks pretty good! Maybe do a short review after some use?

6New "cutting tool" Empty Re: New "cutting tool" Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:08 am

PalmettoArcher

PalmettoArcher
Green Horn

Awesome steel you've got there MtnManJoe! I am with you, in that I would likely never throw it either. I have been admiring your hawk ever since I saw Dave Canterbury's video review of it. Please keep us posted on your own impressions/experience with your 2Hawks "cutting tool." I would love to add one to my kit when my budget affords. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum